Swindon is a hub of creative organisations and we have partnered with some of the best from across the city to help spread awareness of activities and opportunities available in the area and to help locals feel good.
Do you want to learn about what’s happening in the community or how to get involved?
Whether it is discovering Swindon’s heritage sites, getting active with a LIVE Zumba on chairs or learning about volunteer work, apprenticeships and courses, we’ve got it covered in this five hour jam-packed event.
At this drop-in virtual event, you’ll:
- Hear from Robert Buckland MP and learn about inclusive employment
- Watch ‘Wednesday Brunch’ with celebrity South West chef – Peter Gorton and the Olive Tree Café
- Learn about ‘keeping it local’ and how you can support Swindon retail
- Discover funding opportunities for kids holiday activities with Swindon Council
- Join a ‘Seated Latin Dance’ by Active and Inclusive Swindon
- Learn about inclusive sports in Swindon with Active and Inclusive Swindon
- Discover Literacy wellbeing and books for social prescribing with National Literacy Trust
- Find out about volunteer opportunities with Volunteer Swindon
- Discover what skills, apprenticeship and opportunities there are available in Swindon
- Hear how Nano Green are championing inclusive employment
- Learn about enterprise and self-employment with Outset
+ much more.
Full timetable of event activities listed below:
|10:00 – 10:40||Welcome
‘Wednesday Brunch’ – with Olive Tree Café and Peter Gorton – Cooking healthily on a budget and discussing mental health
|10:40 – 11:10||Keeping it local – A people panel of local businesses and start-ups discussing retail in Swindon|
|11:10 – 11:25||Kids holiday activities with Swindon Council – Sharing information about grants available for child holiday activities|
|11:25 – 11:35||Learning about inclusive sports – with Active and Inclusive Swindon|
|11:35 – 11:45||‘Seated Latin Dance’ by Active and Inclusive Swindon – 10min inclusive sports class|
|11:45 – 12:00||Discover literacy for wellbeing with the National Literacy Trust – discover what social prescribing books are available|
|12:00 – 12:15||Get involved with the community Volunteer Swindon – Learn what opportunities there are|
|12:15 – 13:00||Learn what courses, apprenticeships and opportunities are available in Swindon – with Swindon Council, Swindon and Wiltshire Growth Hub LEP, New College, Institute of Technology, Green Labyrinth and Whitehead Ross Education and Consulting|
|13:00 – 13:45||Join MP Robert Buckland, employers and Seetec Pluss participants in a discussion around inclusive employment|
|13:45 – 14:10||Get outside and discover Swindon’s wonderful and varied Heritage (by foot or bicycle) choosing from Swindon Council’s range of guided trails|
|14:10 – 14:30||Hear how Nano Green are championing inclusive employment – sharing real life stories of how people have changed their lives|
|14:30 – 14:55||Listen to local start-up success stories – with the support of organisation, Outset|
|14:55 – 15:00||Event summary and close|