Self employment services
Area of Delivery: Devon and Somerset (Positive People)
As part of the Positive People programme, Pluss has two self-employment change coaches – covering Devon and Somerset.
If you meet the eligibility criteria you can access specialist support to help you assess and explore your options for those seeking to develop their own business.
This can be an attractive working model for many people. It can offer a level of flexibility that can be desirable, depending on an individual’s circumstances.
A self-employment change coach will review your skills and experience and your business idea, moving at your pace. They will outline the best options available to you and set out a work plan to achieve your goal, supporting you every step of the way.
Participants can be supported from the starting point of wanting or having to work for themselves, to the position of being ready to trade, and all points in between. General business advice is provided and any specialist advice (financial, legal and tax) is sought externally if necessary.
Devon: anyone who is over 25 years old and living in Devon
Somerset: anyone who is over 18 years old and living in Somerset
Not in any kind of work – this includes zero hours contracts or self-employment – and is unemployed or is economically inactive.
This includes those disadvantaged by:
- Long-term health conditions
- Long-term unemployed (12 months +)
- No qualifications
- A personalised approach geared to the participant’s circumstances, needs and pace
- Step-by-step support and guidance along the entire journey to self-employment – full or part time
- Support with training and personal development
- Digital inclusivity training and support with a digital presence
- Provision of specialist health and wellbeing support
If you believe you meet the eligibility for this service, contact us by email today and we will arrange to contact you at a convenient time, to get the process started. Good luck.